Thursday, April 23, 2009

Conversations with kids.... Viana, age 7, conversation #2

Viana: (carrying her stuffed blue jay, grabbing for the tape) I have to fix my blue jay. I was giving him a haircut, and by mistake cut a hole in his head.

Katie: Wow, I’m never letting you give me a haircut.

(Viana grins)

Viana: (Taping stuffed blue jay’s head) Brendan and I used to cut all my dolls’ hair short.

Katie: (cleaning dishes) Mmmm…

Viana: (continuing) We used to cut it all off and then cut off their arms and their legs.

Katie: (cleaning dishes) Mmmmhmmm.

Julia: Um.

Viana: Then, sometimes we’d cut them in half.

(Awkward pause.)

Julia: Wow, um… that’s really weird.

Viana: I don't really like dolls. I don't even play with Barbies at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home