Thursday, May 22, 2008

Today was good because:

-I have dirt under my fingernails; first time that counts this season.
-Sunshine and blue sky today (and predicted for tomorrow)
-It was the first day that I have sweat instead of shivered up here.
-I got the bright yellow GPS to work after days of frustration. The satellites were beaming down on me with love.
-I found a plant that I have never found before. I have not checked the herbarium yet.... it smells strongly of moth balls.) See the Rhododendron prinophyllum above. Smelled great, too, unlike the herbarium.
-I got a rare 'good job' pat on the back from my mentor Henry because of the Rhododendron prinophyllum. The plant people currently think I'm cool, which may not actually be regular-cool, but why don't YOU try to be cool with plant people. It's friggin' hard.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

you are the coolest plant nerd i know. hands down....

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home