Monday, May 05, 2008

Impossibility

Impossibility, I like the word.
It makes me think of dandelion seeds blown to the wind,
game shows, and bedside prayers, and the land of never-never,
treasure hunts, and sweepstakes, and predicting the weather.

Impossibility, I like the word.
Makes me think of ebbing tides lost to the sea.
Dogs chasing cars, or the myth of Hollywood,
infinity, asymptotes, and achieving sainthood.

We're all dissatisfied imagining who we are.
You got faith? Well, close, but no cigar.
I'm not asking for facts or probabilities
Because I'm living proof that there's impossibility.

Impossibility, I like the word.
Makes me think of stones smoothed by wandering streams.
Big Bang theory, full comprension,
Don Quixote, and hell's good intentions.

I'm still reaching higher, I'm still reacher higher,
Lord, bring me higher, higher....

~2003

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home